Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Booking Blog

Lifted from Booking Through Thursday, a fine blog indeed.

What kind of care do you take of your books? Let's review, shall we?


1. Are you careful with the spines? Or do you crack your books open to make them lay flat?

- NEVER cracking. Have you lost your mind? Just the thought of it is like my bare feet on terra cotta. Yackety-nick-tick!


2. Do you use bookmarks? Or do you dog-ear the corners? If you do use bookmarks, do you use those fashionable metal ones? Or paper?

- Never dog-ear, always bookmarks…stray piece of paper or real bookmarks, makes no matter.


3. Do you write in your books? Ever? If you do, do you make small marks, or write in as much blank space as you can find? Pen or pencil? Highlighter? Your name on the front page?

- I'll write in pencil in small, precise notation. Highlighter hurts me, especially if it's in a color other than yellow. No name.


4. Do you toss your books on the floor? Into bookbags? Or do you treat them tenderly, with respect?

- Usually tossed on the floor, in the purse, bookbag, knitting bag. They are everywhere. No super tenderness imparted but I try to be nice to them.


5. Do you ever lay your book face-down, to save your place?

-Rarely. Makes me uncomfortable.


6. Um--water? Do you bathe with your books? Hold them with wet hands? Read out in the rain? Anything of that sort?

- Yes to the water. I know it's wrong but I'm so in love with the water and the reading that I can't see being submerged and not booking. Sometimes I use the mags in the place of the books, but they are never as satisfying.


7. Are your books lined up on a bookshelf? Or crammed in any which way? Stacked on the floor?

- Lined up on bookshelves and bed side table, stacked on the floor in living room, near the front door for quick pick-up, stacked at the foot of the bed, stacked at the side of the bed, stacked near the tub, usually one or two in the knitting bag and one in the purse.


8. Do you make a distinction--as regards book care--between hardcovers and paperbacks?

-I make every effort possible to not buy hardcover. If I do, I treat them like ugly step-children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home