Thursday, January 25, 2007

Libbyisms

It occurred to me that folks that are not in contact with me on a day-to-day are neglected my brilliant turn of phrase, word spin, and all around playful repartee. To you, I give:

Drop The Dragon - Used in cases in which I find another problematic and wish to motivate them through my will.

"Man-howdy, if he doesn't get that work done, I'm going to have to drop the dragon on him!" or "Don't make me drop the dragon!"

Ass clown* - Replacing Jackhole in most name-calling instances.

"Look Ass Clown, if you don't get off that damn phone and place your order I'm going to drop the dragon on you."

Weenis - Used in place of Ass Clown around my friend SK as he finds Ass Clown distasteful. Origin: Combination of Weener and Penis, Weenis.

"That friggin' guys is such a weenis. Did you know he parks in capper spots?"

Bob and Weave - Used when describing the handling of particularly squirrelly folks.

"I just get in there, sez my peace and gets out. Bob and weave dude, it's the only way to go."

You wanna dance?? - Used when someone is being confrontational with you and you wish to let them know you're fully willing to engage. When you ask, "you wanna dance?" it's implied that you may drop the dragon on them.

"Ubs, I've asked three times for you to put your shoes on. You wanna dance, or what?"**

I guess that's alls I gots…I'm clearly lacking. If you have any "isms" that you'd like to share, please add to the comments.



*Ass clown came from SA who also has a major hand in jack hole. She is a fine resource in collecting turns of phrases. Love her.***
**Note, dropping the dragon on a child entails picking them up, placing them on a soft piece of furniture and then crushing them with your entire upper body as one would a fake wrestler.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey jackhole......jackhole is my word I invented it and you stole it.

How about "smack" short for smacked ass. Used when soeone is being a complete idiot.

"Dude don't be such a freaking smack!"

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol. These are fantastic and hilarious. Thank you, Libby.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Look Ass Clown, I started using jackhole to your great amusement and, because you thought it brilliant, you believed it to have originated in our brain, as all brilliant things do (according to you).

Feanor, glad you liked 'em. : )

11:35 AM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Oh, and I love "smack" for "smacked ass." Nicely done. --Though this may cause confusion in my daily life as I often use the phrase 'talking smack" as in "Dude, he was talkin' some serious smack about you. Ain't right."

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how much college did it take to come to this?

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hit your crack pipe again.... used when someone is so stupid you have nothing else to say or to a teen ager when you want to let them no that they don't even need to ask what ever they asked for again.
love you,
seester

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home