Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Card from a Friend

I got a card from a friend recently that read,

"You are the strongest person I ever met," she said & I said, "You too" and we decided we'd know each other for a long time.

And that made me happy because I like when people see me as strong. One of my main, silly quests is to be perceived as strong. And clearly, my friend is strong...goes without saying.

But then I picked the card up today, after living with it on my desk for over a week and it read,

"You are the strangest person I ever met," she said & I said, "You too" and we decided we'd know each other for a long time.

And that really makes sense but it shifted everything for me for just a second. Odd how we can frame reality to be whatever we want it from time to time. Odder yet, that it persists regardless of our framing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home