Thursday, November 03, 2005

Initial Confusion

Do me a favor; If your first name begins with "I", please do not refer to yourself, nor let others refer to you, by using your first initial followed by the rest of your name, ever. See the quote below from Jim VandeHei and Carol D. Leonnig of the Washington Post's article entitled, "Rove's Future Role Under Discussion."

"I. Lewis 'Scooter' Libby, the vice president's former chief of staff, will be arraigned today on five counts, involving three felony charges, in the leak probe."

Every time I read this stupid, stupid iteration of a name, I read it as, "I, Lewis 'Scooter' Libby,..." and I think, "Wait a minute!!, I'm not Lewis Scooter Libby! What the F?"...and then I have to regroup.

Stupid.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For you sharona...

Libby is apparently unwilling to disclose what the "I" stands for in his name. NPR reported "Irve". This was discovered after looking through yearbooks at Libby's alma mater, Yale. Moreover, Lexus-Nexis archives found two references to Libby's father, whose first name is also Irve. However, Brian Williams and Al Franken have recently stated that his name is Irving on the late-night talk show circuit.

kds

4:07 AM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Crap! The whole time I was reading kds' fabulously informatative comment, I kept thinking, "I'm not unwilling to disclose what the "I" stands for! I don't even have an "I" in my name!"

It just keeps getting more and more complicated!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

kds

3:12 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

If anyone refers to me as "scooter", she's going to find herself in a boatload of trouble!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home