Saturday, September 24, 2005

Q and A

Ten Years Ago: I had just moved to Portland OR, post-divorce.

Five Years Ago: I had just completed the MA in Philosphy and spent the summer in Alaska, to end up in Philly by the end of the year.

One Year Ago: I moved deeper into south Philly, really getting the flavor of the place.

Yesterday: Went to the job, hugged my kid, walked the dog and thanked Nana for watching Ubs so that SK and I could go out on our first date in months.

Five Songs I Know All the Words To: Mother, Mother; Respect; Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star; Itsy Bitsy Spider and If You’re Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands. I know. I will not apologize

Five Snacks: chips and salsa, goldfish, cheerios, almonds and popcorn (aka “pee-pop”, SK thinks that popcorn smells like urine. I know, he’s gross).

Five Things I'd Do With $100 Million: Start a foundation to give money to 1. children dying of hunger in Africa (I will not apologize for setting priorities), 2. scholarships and childcare for low-income women with children, 3. community re-entry programs for men of color released from prison, 4. political funding for minority candidates with progressive views, and 5. other stuff.

Five Places I'd Run Away To: Portland OR, Aloginquin Provincial Park, The Alps, Costa Rica, and Greece

Five Things I'd Never Wear: fur, black nail polish, a cowboy hat, ivory, or a nose ring

Five Favorite TV Shows: The Daily Show (Jon Stewert), Lost, the West Wing (seasons 1 -3), Survivor (last 5 episodes each season only), and …that’s alls I gots…

Five Greatest Joys: Bubber, SK, Goo, my sister, my dad and my mom.

Five Favorite Toys: my books, my nail polish supplies, my newspaper, The Week magazine, and my lists.

**Thanks to Duf for the Qs. I lifted them from his always-interesting blog.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell if I hadd 100 million I would buy the company that makes snickers so I could have them when ever I wanted...oh and there would be hookers lots and lots of hookers....and don't forget my custom motorcycle!!!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, 10 years ago, I had the revelation that I had to get out of NJ and away from Borders ...
5 years ago ... my mother was going through her first bout of colon cancer ... one year ago ... became board president of local arts organization yesterday had a board meeting and a long time board member resigned ... but we went out for drinks afterwards to talk about stuff ...

if I had 100 million, I like to think that I would split it among my siblings (share the wealth AND the tax burden), then give away some to family and co-workers that could use a little windfall, buy a house, a car, and then give a bunch away... I will not apologize for the fact that most of the money would go to some local arts organizations - I feel ok about that because I know Ms. Rager would be giving her millions to some good social programs... I'd also like to provide scholarships... oh, and I would rent a cottage in Tuscany, and tell my friends to come and visit!

Where I would run away to ... Alaska (probably Petersburg), Montana, Amsterdam, Italy (Tuscany), Maine. Lately I've been trying to think of some way to drive across the country. I've done this several times but not for 10 years at least.

SNACKS - Potato chips, pesto cheddar cheese, m&ms, pistachios, ice cream.

It's been a busy week, so I took some time to tell you more than you wanted to know!

Arasin

2:39 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Wahhhhhh? There's such a thing a pesto cheddar cheese????

anon-well...even if you aren't planning on doing any good with the money, maybe you can trump that thought and share those snickers with me!

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMMM, pesto chedder cheese. There is a creamery in Portland that makes all kinds of cheeses and sells them at the Farmer's market. Chipotle cheddar is really good too.

I like to think I would spread the wealth, but I might end up in a trailer park drinking whiskey and eating m&m's.

Arasin

11:30 AM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

You're cute Arasin.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Duf said...

You flatter me. Truly you do.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home