Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Blog or Freakin' Finally!

I know it's taken a long time for me to post. My apologies. Again busy living large. I've been to the Pocono's for the last two weekends; the weekend of the 12th for Ladies Weekend (thanks girls! -- I still need photos!) and the weekend of the 19th for my birthday with my mom and babies (thanks mom and boys! -- I have photos and will post shortly).

Other than that, I've been crafting, reading and consuming sundries. I'll take each in turn.


Crafting

  • Dudes, this is a super-duper coolie knitting site. I'm still on the wait-list but my friend Amy is up and running and LOVIN' IT!
  • Speaking of my friend Amy, behold her moment of fame courtesy of the Yarn Harlot (see "Amy's Squared" photo). Ain't she the cutest???
  • I've been knitting a baby blanket with this yarn in pistachio. OMG, it is lovely to touch. I've also purchased enough to craft another blanket for another knocked up pal in strawberry. The colors are fantastic and it is stupid soft!
  • I also made one of these amazingly cute stupid sock creatures for a friend for her b-day. I'm so lucky that she likes it because she sits near me in the office and has him sitting on her desk. Every time I see him he makes me happy.


Books

  • I've been reading like a crazy lady this year. Please be sure to keep an eye out for the 2007 round-up. It will be posted in late November or early December. I need to begin forming my 2008 reading list. Please forward along titles that you've recently read that you adore. No so/so stuff. You must have adored it.
  • Now to a quick Booking Through Thursday question:
  1. Do you cheat and peek ahead at the end of your books? Or do you resolutely read in sequence, as the author intended? Resolutely read in sequence. What kinda a-hole would skip forward??? Freakin' wrong dudes.
  2. And, if you don’t peek, do you ever feel tempted? Never.
  • Also, please visit this site. I intend to participate in 63 days.

Consuming Sundries

I've recently stumbled across some products that the gals may like. It's always a challenge to find the right stuff.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Wow. Maybe I should use this as my 2008 reading list.

http://www.thewholefivefeet.com/what.html

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my....just read your latest blog and I feel like I just watched Oprah...I feel...girlie...HELP! Make it stop!!!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

sjd, you could totally use some Olay facial moisturizer and sun screen...especially when out and about on that bike of yours.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home