Wednesday, September 12, 2007

SK Update

Lots of people have been asking me how SK's new job is working out. I hesitate to speak for him so, instead I will post the content of an email I received from him just this very day. Read on.

I think a symptom of the problem with the culture of this office is even the slovenly, slightly overweight, former jock/frat boys crave flavored coffees with names like caramel drizzle and misty Irish mint. They keep carafes of the stuff hot and ready at all times of the day and work it into their fantasy football and NASCAR conversations.

I just can't abide by that.

So, yeah...he's not in love with it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that sounds like no fun at all. I have always been a motorhead and a football guy but I hate NASCAR and Fantasy Football. What I really hate are the idiots with the flavored $5 cup of coffee that has a name made up of more than 5 words. See now if SK worked with me we can discuss biker babes with big breast and the results of real fotball games over a cold water. (sorry quit drinking 15 yrs ago)

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to come off as such a pompous ass. It's just that I like my coffee to taste like coffee, my football game to be played on a single field, and cars that also turn to the right.

But I really do miss the folks back at Thomson.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, here, SK. I miss (most) of the folks at Thomson as well. Prepping for a Grand Canyon rim-to-rim hike at the end of the month, so my deal is weighing stuff like dehydrated coffee to see if I really want it. Although I did sample some rehydrated beef stroganoff the other day that was surprisingly tasty.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Duf said...

Tee hee...he does have a way with words though.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home