Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Coupla Things - Okay a Few

First:
Went downtown yesterday, eager to fulfill my civic duty. I didn’t even do any research prior to going. I was jazzy-jazzed. Turns out it was for a crime pretty well known in these parts (which, in itself, is noteworthy because much crime happens here…hence, it’s gotta be somehow spectacular to be known).

So, long story short I sit for hours on end waiting, waiting, waiting to convince the judge and lawyers that I am the gal for them; completely impartial, completely rational and very VERY deliberative. Then they inform us that the trial is to determine whether this guy, sitting RIGHT OVER THERE IN THE SAME ROOM AS ME, is a three time rapist who posed as a police officer, claiming to “arrest” local prostitutes, but instead kidnapped them and raped them and threw them away like so much used trashed. I have to say that while I was flipping the guy off and screaming: Bastard!!!!!! Mother fucking bastard!!! (in my head) I must have blew the interview and I sorta lost my chances of serving. Dammit.

Second:
I had the delightful opportunity to help my friend Lizzy-bird pack to move too far away from me this evening. It was good to just be with her. She’s one of those gals with incredible playful energy. One that everyone so enjoys. It’s hard to slow her down enough for a chat and I was lucky enough to have a moment to see her. It’s been a while, to my failing. I’ve been kinda of in my head lately and haven’t taken advantage of my lucky proximity to her wonderful person. But I feel like I saw her last evening, in all her brilliance and happiness. She’s starting a new life with her partner and I just think she’s courageous and wonderful and I think her partner is also wonderful and they are a great, funny, generous couple and I’m so darn excited for her. It’s just all brilliant.

Third:
Amazing Race tonight. It had better be Uchenna and Joyce alls I gotta say.

Fourth:
Mother’s Day rocked, even though I didn’t get my request gifts (see two posts ago). Even so, went to the park with my favorite guys and had a nice picnic on a beautiful day. Delightful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Totally. Theory in my office is that CBS gave a ring-a-ding to the airlines and put in a strong request. Doesn't seem right. Even so, so cool for U and J!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may have been a set up, but I was happy for Uchenna and Joyce. She shaved her head and all, plus Rahb and Ambuh played everyone else along the way. They could use a playing here and there. I saw commercials for their wedding. My friend Noah then states, "Rob and Amber have a barbecue, Rob and Amber buy a used car..."

9:35 AM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

That's hilarious, anon. I also enjoyed the Boston accent you seem to have.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home