Monday, May 02, 2005

Interview Meme

Sarcasmo, a truly delightful friend and fellow
blogger, invited me to participate in an interview meme (and by “invited” I mean I begged her to come up with questions for me and she graciously accommodated).

How it works:

One blogger poses five questions to another blogger. That blogger answers the questions, then agrees to ask five questions to three other bloggers. And so on and so on.

The questions given to me by Sarcasmo and my answers are below. If you'd like to be the next to be interviewed, leave me a comment saying 'interview me'. I will respond by asking you five questions here. You need not have your own bog to participate. You may submit your answers here as well. The questions will be different than the ones below.

Onto the meme.

1. What 3 words do you hope never to have applied to you?

The question, as I first read it read, “What 3 words do you hope never applied to you?” --Which is entirely different than the question as posed, “What 3 words do you hope never to have applied to you?” The latter questions is much easier as that which is applied to me often has little to do with my character and a lot more to do with the applier. In the former question, where the three words would actually apply, I, well, I would be nervous. Even so, I think it’s safe to say that while there is not a direct correlation to the two theorized answers, there is most likely some overlap. So to the question as written.

1. Mean – I try vigilantly not to be mean. I have it in me but often times, even when I believe I am acting in a rational way in response to a set of circumstances, people find my passion a bit off-putting and may even refer to me as “mean.”
2. Selfish – Because selfish people are gross.
3. Thoughtless – Because I try incredibly hard not to be and yet am often claimed to be. Sometimes I think people are very demanding and I get overwhelmed with that, need some down time, and come off as thoughtless. Unlike mean, though, I don’t believe myself to be thoughtless. Even so, a huge drag.

2. In a stunning moment of clarity, our government has agreed to quietly implement a single policy-making or policy-decision as determined by you or allow you to publicly present in a one hour speech at the Capitol - about any topic(s) you feel the need to voice - thereby giving you a chance to potentially persuade them to implement multiple changes - although in the second case their implementing any of your suggestions is not guaranteed. Which do you do and what do you suggest.

I do the first because, well, I’m not much of a gambler. My policy change?

Education Funding.

What I’d do:

I’d level the playing field of education by taking accreditation away from private schools. You heard me right, no more private schools.

I’d contribute the same amount of money to each child’s education regardless of their geography (inner city verses wealthy suburb).

I’d disallow “extra or inequitable funding” gained by such things as property taxes and bake sales as those benefit those in wealthy areas to a greater degree than less wealthy. One child = X dollars, regardless of neighborhood.

I’d contribute 25 percent of all tax revenue to education and provide all children a funded college education.

It was between that and providing each member of our society with health insurance but, I figure, if the masses were well-educated, we’d already have that…soooo, get everyone educated and you can’t help but have a better government and, in turn health care, sooner or later.


3. If you could have a robot servant - what would you have it do? If it
were humanoid in anyway - would you feel the need to provide it with
time off, or give it some manner of wage?

I would like my robot servant to be my wife. I would like her to clean, cook, do laundry, wash the car, run errands, wash the floors, clean the bathroom ect. If she had any humanoid characteristics, I would most definitely have to compensate her and give her time off. That would bite.


4. What one luxury would you afford yourself if money, time, and ethics
were not a concern?

A wife robot.

5. If you were forced to endure two hours of music everyday - music that
would be in your head and that no one else could here - what music would
it be? Would you want the two hours lumped together - or would you
prefer to break it up into segments throughout your day? Would you chose
the same increment of time if you were unable to control what time of
day the music would begin? Presume that you won't necessarily hear the
same song over and over - but that only one genre of music will be
represented.

Ack! I HATE music!! This is like asking what kind of torture I favor when torture is, by definition, torturous! I guess classical. Yes, classical would be my answer. I would do it in a lump and I would behave as if I had a migraine during that time. Bleck, music.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#4 - a wife robot. ROFLMAO!!! You kill me. And no, I've never thought you thoughtless.
kds

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw - thanks for the laugh... I really needed that today.
kds

1:07 PM  
Blogger Duf said...

I don't believe you hate music. I don't believe it. That would be thoughtless (oops). Oh, and...interview me. Thanks...

6:00 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

For Duf. Enjoy.

1. If you could invent a tool that could do any single job, what would that tool do?

2. If you could be anyone in history, who would you be and why? Would you live his or her life differently?

3. If you could convince one person of one thing, what thing would you convince that person of and who would that person be?

4. If you could only vacation in one place for the rest of your life (with the exception of visiting family), where would it be?

5. If you could have one amazing talent, what would it be?

Looking forward to your answers.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous argan oil morocco said...

interesting thanks for your post

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Organic Argan oil said...

Zineglob is a producer and exporter of organic argan oil, prickly pear oil and cosmetic products since 2006. Based in Morocco, the company provides different products and services including private label for its worldwide customers, cerification and customized formula.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home