Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Distraction from my current bump in the road

Rather than focusing on my current "situation", I figured it'd be good to move back to the basics. Look inward, if you will. Remember me, for me. I do like me after all. So I lifted these questions from this site and took some time. Below you will not only find a coupla questions and answers, but will have witnessed about ½ hour of non-self-contempt-driven thinking nestled among weeks that have been otherwise. Try to enjoy it as much as I have.


If you could boil your life's motivations into one underlying reason WHY you do everything you do, what would that be?

I am singularly and profoundly motivated by the idea of peace; peace of mind, peace derived from justice, peace in prosperity, imparting peace, sharing peace, allowing for peace. All of my ethic, my interactions, my quest for closeness comes down to a quiet moment in which goodness in humanity, self and others permeates.

I know, goofy, but true.


Would you kill 10,000 innocent people if by doing so, you could end world hunger? 1,000? 100? One? Why?
No. I have no right to take a single person's life. None. Believing otherwise has created the world in which we live…certainly not even close to the life we can collectively imagine.


What does a perfect day look like?
I can't even imagine one right now. Maybe you can help me by telling me about yours.


What's the best advice anyone has ever given you?
Answering this one may help as well.


Fleh. Stinker-bo-binker and flecka-pah-guck. Not good.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - welcome back and hang in there!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Duf said...

A perfect day to me is one that includes family, golf, time to read, down time, dinner with close friends and a party with friends. It includes intimacy and an accomplished task or two. It allows me to connect with someone I love with whom I have not connected in awhile. It sees me putting a pen to paper at one point. Good meals (and...okay...some interracial sex) are included too.

TMI?

The best advice I was ever given was to stop doing something (in this case working at a job) when you become driven by external motivations (fear of getting fire, monetary considerations, status) instead of internal ones (pride in a job well done, passion for what you're doing, joy, etc.).

1:49 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

The best advice I ever received came from an old song. It goes like this... "you can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself". I think the song is called Garden Party and it's fairly old. The first time I heard it, I took it to heart.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what is this bump in the road? I hope everything is okay.

Diana

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

never take to heart the words of a mans mother and never expect a man to pick you over his monther but make it perfectly clear that unless a man plans to crawl into bed with his mother he better watch his ass! and mens mothers are ass. the only problem with this is that many of us are raising men and someday we will be their mothers and they will be watching their ass. This may truely be the best reason that women should wait to have children. This way we never become the mothers of the men to which some other women will never have to take to heart what we say and we never become ass. women unite against mothers! J

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home