Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Window Into My World

I decided that it's high time to reveal to you, my avid reader, a view into the kaleidoscope that is my work space.

Behold, the "outside" of my cube. If you will, please note the myriad of certifications, the tangible representation of my superior and impressive (boardering on intimidating) skill set.

Fear not me folks, I'm a team player.



-Certifications from left to right (row 1) "Thinking Like a Cutomer - Level One," "I Did It! I helped Philadelphia Break the Guinness Book of World Records for the Largest Lego Flag," "Word Police Academy issued by The Atlantic Monthly" (row 2) "Learning Tree Project Management Institute - Project Management Training," "Citation of Merit" issued by Encarta, and finally "Highly Cited Researcher" (Pal o' mine found this certificate around the office and gave it to me for my collection, so it's not really official, but I made sure to write my name on it so that people would think it is for real; "Elizabeth (aka Smarty McSmarty-pants)."

My workspace upon entry:



Please note the LARGE cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee (for you west-coasters, Dunkin' Donuts is Philly's Starbucks. It doesn't compare quality-wise but it's only 3 smackers for two large coffees, which you can't beat with a stick). Also note the fabulous froggy card made by my pops with the guidence of my sis for my b-day. Other items of note, the headphones that I wear, most often without music, used to dissuade people from interrupting my work when I'm super busy, photos of my toddler and my ergo keyboard, because that's how I roll.

My workspace, panning to the left:



Note fabulous fake flowers and electric faker aquariam, Nigel the grumpy dog, baby art and boxes of peanuts (under desk) that I'm saving for some sinister plot againt my co-workers that has yet to be fleshed out.

Well, there you have it. If you're ever in the area, feel free to drop by for some coffee as I have a tiny coffee maker too, yum.

10 Comments:

Blogger Amy McWeasel said...

That whole space is *your* workspace? Color me jealous!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

OMG, that'd be so rockin'! I can't seem to scrape up three people in tristate area that know how to pay euchre, sadly. Stinks.

Yepper doodle, AM. This palace is mine. It's the *table* that is the trophy representing my standing in this hierarchy. Maybe when I'm even BIGGER and BETTER, I'll get a cube *by the window* ...owwwww, shuttering with the prospects!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I can't see the pictures! What's up with that?

6:48 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Huh, anyone else having this problem? I can't see them at work, but figured that's b/c flickr is filtered by our web big brother system.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Duf said...

I can't see them either. :( Can I be jealous based on the descriptions?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Let me know if you can see them now.

Also, new post on its way.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Hot damn, that's a BIG cube! BTW - check out my latest picts... too funny.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Duf said...

I CAN see them. They beg the question: at what point does a cube become something more grand, like...say...a workstation or something.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait....that picture of the dog....somehow that looks familiar....is it? Could it be? The same pic I have in my office....the one you left me when you moved on???? Did you get another copy for your new space?????? Tell me I have to know.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

But of course. I could not exist in cube/work station hell without Nigel!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home