Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Ahhhhh Philly, My Lovely Chocolate City and Eeeeeshhhh, Kind of Prussia, Your Usual Rich Redneck Suburb

SK, Ubs and I ventured out to King of Prussia to meet our mortgage gal at the mall (a central meeting place as she’s located in Blue Bell). We needed to sign off on the home equity loan from one of our properties so that we could buy the place in the Pocono’s that most of you know about.

Since Ubs was such a rock star kid hanging loose while the paperwork was being shuffled, we decided to treat him to as many trips up and down the escalator as was his heart’s content. We also jockeyed in and out of stores, playing and enjoying each other. Tis our way.

Then I noticed, as I have many times in my amazing life with my husband, this white guy tailing us. As is SKs MO, he did not notice…which is odd, now that I think about it, because he’s the “eyes” of our team. We once lived in a place for 10 months, where upon I commented, “Wow, those are really great lights. When did the landlord install them?” to which SK responded, “Dunno, before we moved in. They were here when we viewed the place.” So, strange that he didn’t notice. I’ll have to ask him about that. He’s also the memory but I digress.

So I say to SK, “That guy is following us and, while it’d be one thing if he were ‘good at it’…(meaning shadowing us in the spirit of hoping to bust us when we stole something – his job, of course the question as to why he selected us may be worth discussion, but again, I digress), I believe he may have be being “good at it” in the other sense…the old timey sense of “You ain’t from ‘round these parts, and your kind ain’t welcome here.” And well, that really pissed me off. I guess it pisses me off either way. I guess I just don’t know what to think of the whole thing. Of course SK came back with his usual humor, “Cool, we should start following him.” But I didn’t feel playful and left muttering about how we shan’t move from our fabulous chocolate city ever. No suburbs for us. Never, ever, ever.

--Oh, and if you want to come back to me with “Not all suburbs are like that.” or “Good people live in the ‘burbs too.” keep it to yourself because right now, I’m not interested.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you tell us about your life and then tell us what we can't say as a comment. what is with that?

2:28 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Feelin' a bit bitch....which, now that I think of it...happens so darn rarely that I can see why you question it. Bahaahahaha!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

People tend to follow me and JR in the malls too. But, I think that has more to do with the fact that anything small enough to fit in a pocket and catches his eye actually tends to end up in his pocket. I swear the kid is going to send me to jail one of these days.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home