Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Tell Me Something I Don't Know







Pure Nerd
73 % Nerd, 8% Geek, 39% Dork
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!







My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
















free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 76% on nerdiness





free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 4% on geekosity





free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 64% on dork points
Link: The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test written by donathos on OkCupid Free Online Dating


What are you?

2 Comments:

Blogger kingqwertyIII said...

Hi Aerenchyma, your Geek, Nerd, Dork piece was interesting and caused me to grin from ear-to-ear. In the UK, Geek is probably the most prevalant and widely used of the three classifications, the others not getting much day-to-day use i'm afraid, except via the TV of course. But, none the less, I think your assesment of each was perceptively spot on.

Which catagory do I fit under? well...in terms of Nerdiness I am probably about a mid 50's kinda of guy (is that average?). I really should be up in the late 70's being as I am currently winding down an academic lifestyle but, alas, and unfortunately for me, I generally sail a little too close to the wind to qualify as a 1st generation bonafide Nerd.

Geek. Now then, here I think I probably score about mid 40's. I have a few areas of, what I believe to be, Geeky knowledge but perhaps not obscure enough in the eyes of pure bred Geekers to make them all start trembling in their sandels.

Dork. Now this is probably my strongest area. while I wouldn't say that I have difficulty with interactions etc but, and correct me if I am wrong, I would say that I have a tendancy to put my foot in it from time to time, especially in those intimate social situations we all find ourselves in every now and again.

Not sure what my average score is in light of this but I would probably classify myself as a Nord, kind of mongul hyrid amalgamation of the three.

By the way, which is the guy in the photo? I say Geek.

8:29 AM  
Blogger kingqwertyIII said...

Just perfromed the test.

Joe Normal
30 % Nerd, 21% Geek, 34% Dork

I scored higher in the Dork zone!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home