Monday, September 12, 2005

To the Question at Hand

So, we’re sitting here watching TVs Most Outrageous Moments and we COULD SWEAR we had just seen the most outrageous moments last week. How could it be possible that there are MORE most outrageous moments, we ask ourselves? But then we see the first clip where a woman that looks like a nun wipes out on some ice. HILARIOUS and OUTRAGEOUS.

I know, we’re bad for enjoying such low-brow entertainment. SK insists, however, that things are only funny when someone gets hurt—the possibility for humor only exists in cases in which someone is present at whom you can laugh. I always beg to differ to this argument, but I never have been able to win, the same way that I argue for altruism even while faced with Phoebe’s cogent “there’s no such thing” argument.

Anyway, long story short, if you know of a joke that doesn’t make fun of someone or doesn’t make their lackings humorous, please share here.

On to other news:

1. First day at my new job today. Very different environment than was my place before. Talk about INFRASTRUCTURE. Dang. The place is so established that they actually have the tools you need to do your job. I’m not really sure what to do with myself. Plus there doesn’t seem to be any mania. It’s not that I want the mania of the old gig, but I do miss it a tiny bit. It’s like coming from a loving yet dysfunctional family and then marrying the sane, kind guy that wants kids and a house…kinda like I did. I guess, after thinking about it that way, I should be able to get used to this new place after all.

2. So Brown resigned. Here, here! Now his boss should.

3. John Roberts has no upper-lip. My thesis advisor had no upper-lip. My thesis advisor was a bastard. John Roberts must, therefore, be a bastard. Based on this incredibly sound reasoning, I submit that this man should not serve as the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of these United States. For actual thoughtful reasons, see this very smart post.

4. Ubs has learned to say Nnnnnnnnnoh! That kid is too much. Too much of all that is good in this world.

5. My friend SK is a babe.

6. I just read this. I liked it. I did not love it.

7. I am loving this.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.ericblumrich.com/wmf/Real-Time-George-Must-Go.wmv

Go watch this, I was ROFLMAO!

kds

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a joke that doesn't make fun of anyone:

Why don't seagulls fly over the bay?



Because then they'd be bagels.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, libs, send me your new email address STAT--- I just sent incendiary news to you and then realized the Kenexa address is no good. Hurry! mim

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, it's on a need-to-know basis only :-P But feel free to make up something and spread it around the Internets.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

"Bagels," I freakin' LOVE IT! I adore a play on words joke. Please, please, please, anyone that has any play on word jokes, post them here. That would make me *super happy* Maybe I'll even devote a post to them.

"Bagels," that kills me!

Re: incendiary news; all know that I am a failure at keeping secrets, so, unless this new news is a serious secret (and by serious I mean that the revealing of such would risk our friendship) AND you tell me that it is such IMMEDIATELY, I will quickly be sharing it with all. Not here, granted, but elsewhere.

...and SharonA, if you had a spicy gossip secret, I'd already know it. Nice try though. Hugs.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Oh, and kds, my evil home computer has no sound card and my evil new employer disallows such things. I've gotta get hooked up with a new 'puter dude.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say, "Jokes involving word play," but obviously I am too late.

What do you call fish without eyes?

...


...wait for it...

...

fsh

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home