Friday, July 22, 2005

Suicide

Gal jumped in front of my train on Thursday. I’m most certain that she did not survive. She was in her early twenties, or at least appeared to be by the gal that saw her jump and who I subsequently propped up for the minutes immediately following the awfulness.

There is something perfectly horrible about a child committing suicide. When a child in my own right, I found a friend who had taken many, many pills in an attempt to die. He survived. I’m not close with him now but I do know that he has two children, a partner and what appears a genuinely good life.

The gal that jumped was promise and potential. We all are, even when we don’t believe it. I mourn for her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awful. I've been there at times in my life, and now I am so glad that I hung in. I would have never been friends with you, for one thing!

Trixie

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home