Friday, June 10, 2005

TGIF

Some bits and pieces of my week.

I came upon this site and, well, there’s something to it, you know. There’s something to men crying that is, I don’t know, poetic and heart-wrenching and horrible. I guess it’s because they do so little of it and that, in itself, is poetic and heart-wrenching and horrible. To be socially forbidden from feeling, that seems monumentally sad to me. These pictures are too.

Neutral question: Are Vans the white kid’s Air Jordan’s, or are both shoes cross-cultural? Please weigh in on this important topic.

Chase Bank can bite me. Just because I’m a little guy, it is not right to treat me like one.

Is anyone else concerned that Lindsay Lohan is looking bird-like? I’m losing sleep people!

Book Club this weekend. Thank GAWD we can move on to another book. (Shhhhhh, I’ve secretly been reading Orhan Pamuk’s Snow, when I was supposed to be finishing the book club book of whose title I will not speak. Snow is rockin’. –Under your hats folks.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vans are for the skateboarders and Air Jordans are for the basketball crew. I truly believe there are all "colors" in both catagories. But, as for the toddler crew, I don't believe either are appropriate. No one or two year old needs expensive shoes that he will grow out of in 2 months. I believe it's the parents trying to show the world "hey, look what I can afford to buy my little one". And trust me, the parents will be sorry in the end.
kds

7:36 AM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Thing is we got a pair of Airs from a friend as hand-me-downs and we got a couple of pairs of Vans with a pair of Timberlands and some no-name shoe for $5 + $10 sh, $15 for 4 pairs of shoes. I don't know if I'll be sorry for putting Ubs in Vans, but I do think they are cute as hell.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Duf said...

Must know name of book club book of which you will not speak...!!!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

The most long-winded, tragic book of all time. And if that description doesn't help you, it's The Name of the Rose, by Eco. My pick too! Blecka-shumt-gack!

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home