Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Nothing New

Still and yet, my life seems incredibly busy. Uncontrollably so. Weird.

First issue on the agenda: Lil’ story

When walking up to my door last night, Darryl yoinked it open, and gruffly barked at the neighbor kids, “Hey! What are you doing with my chair?? Bring that back!” There was no confusion, to be honest, about what the kid was doing with the chair. He was moving it into a parking spot to play cards with his friends where the dining room table of my delightful neighbor had also been moved and eight kids already sat. The kid sheepishly replied, “Sorry…” and put it back.

What an OLD MAN my sweetie has become! Not to mention that he ranted about “the disrespect of that generation” and that he “wouldn’t mind them borrowing the chair, but they should know to ask for Christ’s Sake!” and it’s “the principle of the thing!” and on and on and on and on. Hours later, “I can’t believe those kids! Mutter… mutter… mutter…” head rub, head rub, head rub.

The guy kills me.

Next issue on the agenda: I think we should all gather our pennies to send Sarcasmo here.

Dad Update: Cancer Free!!! AWESOME!

Bubber Update: He still refuses to say momma, but says daddy ad nauseum. Also “Gouda” clear as day. Even so, I can make him laugh the quickest of any human being in this world. The way I calculate it, I win!

Stolen Dog Update: My mother is in LOVE with her. So worth it!! If you are not aware of the stolen dog story and wish to hear about it, feel free to ask in person. I don’t want to incriminate myself on my blog.

Name of the Rose Update: Yeah, that book can bite me.

That’s all I got.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your continued insults of Name of the Rose fill me with a blinding white rage.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Funny, that's what that stinkin' book did to me!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're killing me here! That's such a great book! You're so insane!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Amy McWeasel said...

It's only a great book if you gloss over all the boring descriptive and/or theological stuff. I'm struggling here, and I consider myself a literate, well-gal. Sheesh, that Umberto can go on and on.

Also, highly enjoyed the story about your friend Darryl.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Sarcasmo said...

Firstly - great news about your Dad.

Secondly - Hee hee. Those damn kids.

Thirdly - I'm with Jim on Name of the Rose. It took me a while to get into it; but I really loved it. And the end darn near broke my heart. However - we can argue about it on Sunday. Over cheese, as all book arguments should be.

Fourthly (and Lastly) - I'm flattered by your faith in me, my dead - but I can't help but be a little sad that you want to ship me off to the other side of the country! :p

9:06 PM  
Blogger Sarcasmo said...

that was meant to be "my dear", btw

6:18 AM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Oh Sarcasmo, I'd only ship you post book club and would require your immediate return, you better bet your bonnet on that!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How the times have changed. As far as I know, he was one of those kids, and often sympathized with them. Though it seems like kids may need an Old Man Williams on the block. Otherwise they may never learn what's up...

10:37 AM  
Blogger Sarcasmo said...

Oh, man - now I need to get a *bonnet* too? :p

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home