Thursday, June 02, 2005

I Think There's a Conspiracy Afoot

So, I wake to SK blathering on about exercise and how I'm allowing the Evil One, aka "Stairmaster" or "Solution To All Of My Problems" (depending on the day), to get dusty. "Blather, blather, blather." So, by the time I'm fully awake, I'm hyper-aware of my life.

I leash Goo up, grab my keys, walk out the door and lock up. Unlock the car, jump in and move it so as to not get a ticket, lock it back up, walk the Goo-bear, unlock the house, gather Bubber and SK up, get them out of the house, lock the door, walk to daycare, use the combination keypad to enter, kiss the kid, get on the train, kiss the big oaf that is my husband, get off the train, walk to work, use the combination keypad to enter the building, use another combination keypad to enter my floor, and sit down at my desk.

In case you weren't counting, that's two keys and three combination keypads used before 8:30 a.m.

Clearly I must live in an extremely dangerous world making necessary lock, after lock, after lock. But wait a minute...could it be that someone wants me to feel fearful and insecure? ...I wonder...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps "special" instead

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you say that i make stuff up.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Interesting LJ. Kinda like I'm special b/c other's aren't...that's the only way to be special, right? So I have access and they don't. Neat take.

tgwmsu, you do all of the time.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home