Thursday, February 10, 2005

As my friend Feanor would say...

"Not for nothing", but vacations rock!

I'm still in sunny Florida. So far this week I've gone swimming, ate, shopped, went swimming, ate and then swam. We've been trying like the dickens to get to some touristy stuff but haven't been able to tear ourselves away from the darned pool--it's heated to a warm 93 degrees and has a little jacuzzi in the corner that is about 100. Dad brings smoothies out the to edge for us so we can swim and sip...strawberry and banana are my favorite, though he specializes in pineapple too. Tomorrow though, we've promised ourselve to take Abe here. Be sure to turn the music on because the music is exactly how I feel.

PLUS, my niece Dominique and Marsupial, ahem Mario, are here too. We like to call Dominique's boyfriend by any name but his own, just so long as it starts with an "m"...mostly because we find it funny all to ourselved, but a little bit because he seems to find it annoying and it's amusing to watch him try to be tolerant of his girlfriend's idiot family. Darryl and I get gleeful when we refer to the poor chap as Malcolm, Miguel and Maraschino, like the cherry.

During our shopping I procurred many an undergarmet and I must say, ladies, go out and spend some money on yourselves. I feel pretty!

Darryl, unfortunately, procurred a hat and sunglasses that make him look like this:

the floridian

I know, poor me. The kid cracks me up though, I have to admit it. Now we only need to get him a white fur coat and he'll be totally pimped up.

Okay, that'll be all for now. Big day tomorrow. Gotta swim, eat and see some manatees, not only are they great big animals and great big mammals, but they are also the cows of the sea don't cha know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy McWeasel said...

Sounds like you're having a delightful time, what with all the eating and the swimming and the resting and the hey hey hey. Mr. Williams looks completely chic in his dapper hat and glasses, and I can only imagine how adorable Mr. Abe must be in his little swim gear. :)

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I really say that?

Glad you guys are having a good time. Sounds like a lot of fun. You better watch you don't cook yourselves in that jacuzzi, though.

Have fun with the manatees, and the pimping up of Mister Williams! Maybe you could pimp up the manatees...

Hey, I like this new comment system! Sweet!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Yeah, you really do say "not for nothing" and it amuses me greatly. I don't really know what it means and I think that's why. It's kind of like "you can't win for losing"...I'll never figure that one out.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home