Tuesday, January 18, 2005

For the Word Lover in You

I love this site. It is all about lexpionage or lexiponage, to-may-toe, to-mah-toe. I think SK got me hooked on it.

This Concept Dictionary rocks out too. I think Amy gave this to me back in the day.

Here’s some fun stuff that I found while playing.

You’d think that a hippophile loves hippos, but you’d be wrong.

I mean, a felinofile is a lover of cats.

But then again, so is a ailurophile.

I wish I had more knowledge of word etymology.

Oh, and I just wanted to mention that when I looked up “enjoy” in the concept dictionary, “solitariness” came up. Interesting…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the word for "love of sweet fuzzy bunnies?"

-poppy

2:39 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

poppy,

I'm not sure what the word for loving bunnies is, but I will recommend a bunny book for you, seeing as how you wrote in your blog that you are looking for things to read (ha!). Try Watership Down if you haven't read it. One of my favorites of all time.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To tell you the truth, Watership Down kind of scares me. Don't bad things happen to the fuzzy bunnies?

And mister williams :P

-poppy

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home