Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My Mighty Firefighter

Ubs decided to be a firefighter for Halloween last night and was qqqqqqquuuuueeewwwwttt!, I don't mind saying. Of course, I considered casting my child in the part of "hero" as not all together wise. I have no interest in him serving his community in any dangerous capacity whatsoever. I wish not to have a police officer son, or firefighter/serviceman/EMT/crossing guard etc...

Even so, my hesitancy could not compete with what I believe to the most central delight to becoming a firefighter; the red hat. He was dazzled with it and his firefighter's jacket, not to mention the ax that his father crafted from cardboard for breakin' down doors.

Ubs was not, however dazzled with all the freaking nutty nut jobs that insist on walking around with masks sporting needles jutting from the "flesh" or blood dripping eyeballs dangling from empty sockets. What is wrong with people??? Ubs went so far as to say repeatedly "This is scary for Ubs"...to which we returned home to the booty we'd amassed and playdough. Still and yet, not an entire wash. Playdough can always save the day.

I'll post a photo of the lil' firefighter soon...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a firefighter, a policeman, or a doctor. My sweet angel was a Pathologist! It is her life calling but some of the students in the fourth grade that didn't know what a Pathologist is teased her! IDIOTS... she came home colored over the Pathologist on her lab coat and wrote M.D. I of course explained that there is a chance that success comes with knowledge! But the big scary kids bullied your little guy and my girl. My 13 year old went as himself! I told him he couldn't go without a costume... he quickly put on his cross country sweat shirt and bam a costume. I don't know what I like better no costume or a few years back when he wanted to be something "scary" Enjoy the firefighter!!!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

JR was something scary for the first time ever. He was a vampire! I was in such a rush that day, I forgot to take my camera with me. By the time we got home he was asleep and his makeup was all smeared. No pictures to mark this momentous occasion. Sigh...

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little cutie Sarah was Wonder Woman, we naturally got her the kid version because you know how many perverts are out there. She was well covered. She looked so damn cute. Now if I can only talk my wife into getting the grown up version. She'll need that golden laso for sure.....lol!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home