Thursday, November 09, 2006

Election Results

It is with sad fanfare that I acknowledge and appreciate, on a very quiet level, the results of this mid-term election. I even considered refraining from blogging but my friend Sarcasmo insisted. And so I give to you my thoughts.

The republicans lost. That made me very happy.
The democrats won. That made me slightly happy.
I voted anti-choice on Tuesday. That made me sad.

I am mourning my party. I do not pretend that they have not abandoned me. I do not think that they have not sacrificed me. I will not forgive them for making me vote contrary to my bodily integrity and personal worth.

All of this is not to say, however, that I will not move forward and that I do not have high expectations that I believe may very well be fulfilled by Nancy Pelosi.

Tomorrow is another day and by then I may consider myself a democrat once again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you ever happy???

6:25 AM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Certainly. Just not now. A woman without a party is a lonely thing.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home