Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Couple-la Things--Okay, A Few Things

Jimmy Carter is a good person.

The offering of chocolate from a friend creates a good moment in time.

Reading is good for more than just yourself.

Rest is good for your mind.

Doing laps with my dad is good for my health (hehe).

Asking Bubber, "You wanna dance???", when he's questioning my questionable authority is good for creating a moment of reverie.

I like to think of some good things before sinking into the dire state that is the state of my mind. Those things that contribute to that aforementioned state:

Hierarchy -I appreciate the systemic need and, well, desireable results achieved through established hierarchy, it's the "micro" analysis that proves disconcerting--how I find a place in it, how I justify that place and how I negotiate fairness in the context of inequities of power.

Greed -Again, not so much on a macro level, though I could go on and on about the economy of human capital in a system that deems humans capital. Blech. Moreso, how can I balance the real need for economic security in my later years (and by security I mean comfort and by comfort, do I mean greed?) with the generosity that I must achieve in order to sleep at night? There is a real conflict there.

Purpose -This is early twenties stuff, but sometimes I'm just not sure what the hell I'm trying to do. Maybe I should go find myself. Ha! I kill me!

Well, I leave that here because laughing at the self-indulgent mental dance that I often have is well, good for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just make it up as you go. most of the time the results are good. you should not ask or expect more than that.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the offering of cake, LOL. Honest, it's not to kill you. I just have to foist it off on someone.
kds

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home