Thursday, December 22, 2005

Baby Becomes Toddler

There have been many names given to our child. Bubber Boo, as many of you know, with variations thereof; Bubber, Bubs, Ubs. There has also been The Pirate, Pterodactyl and Sweet Petite. Recently we’ve moved from the cutie pah-tootie baby names to names more apropos of the immovable, inconsolable and intrusive toddler. He is now Slow Motion, River Dance (when he does that foot stomping combo screaming thing), and Yesforallthatisgoodinthisuniverseturnonthetv.

Somehow, and I don’t know why this is the case, these new developments and naming conventions have pleased my father to a great degree indeed. I can’t imagine why.

Oh my, me thinks a 12 hour drive tomorrow shall be interesting.

…as least we have drugs for the dog.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good trip, dollface! For what it's worth, I don't think drugging a toddler with a very SMALL amount of drugs is so wrong. -- Mim

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you get to my age and your grandchildren are treating your children as they treated you. sometimes it makes me think that there really might be a god. pay-backs are wonderful. and most of all, I TOLD YOU SO.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip and Christmas with the family! I'm feeling a little brain dead or I would write more.

Donna

2:43 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Have a Merry Christmas! and remember "this too shall pass".
(hugs)
kds

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benadryl, sweetie. Dyphenhydramine in generic-ese. 12.5 milligrams every 6 hours. Blessed are the chemists, for they shall inherit...

Have a joyful, peaceful holiday.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Duf said...

No, no, no, and a thousand times no! No "drugs" just a big old DVD player.

Just kidding from a guy who uses neither in the car, but leaves at 8 pm for a 7 hour drive so that his sweet angel will sleep through the whole trip.

The things we do!

Happy holidays!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home