Friday, April 01, 2005

My Friend, TV

I have concluded that the CBS series CSI is quite possibly the worst show every telecast. If the gist of the series doesn’t turn you off, investigating gruesome murders, the horrible fact that each episode begins with the “main character”…the person who the episode revolves around, already dead. It’s heinous and awful and disgusting. If you watch this show, please check your humanity because, sweet Jesus, I find you suspect.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Cold Case, where the main character is also dead at the beginning. Crazily enough though, this show is so hyper humane that I can’t watch it either. Inevitably, the poor soul that was murdered was so because of some horrible societal injustice; a teenage throw-away, a prostitute with a big heart and a lot of abuse, a mentally disabled child whose mother is dying of cancer, murdered because the mother knows he’ll have no caretakers after her death…ugh! Forgeddaboudit!

So I’m going to stick with Survivor and the Amazing Race. Both awesome this week. So happy with the outcomes! Weeeeeee. TV rocks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Aerenchyma said...

You know, I've been watching Seinfeld, which I was not in love with while it was in first runs but am enjoying now. Even so, you are correct, current sitcoms, bad.

12:18 PM  
Blogger jamescfrank said...

i think where it's at is DEFINITELY with "Criminal Intent" (put out by the Law and Order people, and starring vincent d'onofrio). granted, sometimes (well, oftentimes) the plot is convoluted, and there are generally loose ends never tied by the time the show is over, but it is the best criminal investigation show ever!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

Totally going to check it out dude. Great to hear from you!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hooked on CSI that first season - just seemed more humane then ... or maybe I thought one of the actors was kinda cute. I think Cold Case is well done, but it is kinda creepy, week after week, another horrible murder solved 20 years later ...

Favorite shows when I remember to watch them - Arrested Development, SCrubs (excellant sitcom), Without a TRace (I just love Anthony LaPaglia, but I haven't watched that show in a year), Lost, Desparate Housewives ... some travel show on PBS, As Time Goes By (I love Judi Dench) ... ok, the boyfriend got me hooked on the McLaughlin Group. It's our Friday night thing.

Arasin

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home