Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The Impetus

I didn’t so much know that I needed a blog until I started reading Vis Major’s and Fëanor/Poppy’s …then I realized that I really liked keeping up with them by checking out what they were thinking—kind of like peeking into their minds. Fun stuff. Then I saw the news today –mostly about the Southern Asian tsunamis but also the release of the names of over 200 soldiers that have died in Iraq and I thought that maybe I need to speak out, talk, write, do something other than plead for money from everyone I know, all of the time, for charity.

Since I mentioned it, you can donate to the Red Cross Disaster Relief fund here. If you’re not a fan of the Red Cross, you can go the Unicef route instead.

So here I will write. Not always about disasters and politics. Sometimes I will write about Gouda or other family members. Maybe a bit about what I’ve been reading… The Time Traveler’s Wife is a fine read, as was Lydia Cassatt Reading the Morning Paper (thanks mom). And sometimes I will banter about television (I can’t help but love The Amazing Race and Desperate Housewives)…and then, yes, then, sometimes I will rant, but I’ll try to keep that to a minimum because in the long run, at the end of the day, I believe I live in a fine country, filled with good people in a world evolving morally, learning each day how to be better, learn more and grow proud of our shared humanity.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy McWeasel said...

Welcome to the blogging community! I look forward to peeking into your mind, as it were. :)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Dammit, you made me sign up for an account and I don't even want to have a blog, just so I can post comments... Can you change your settings so your non-blog-enabled friends can also post comments? Anyhow, what i meant to say was: hi!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Aerenchyma said...

All set. Non-subscribers may post at will.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

You're the grooviest!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Libby posts to her new blog! I was excited to take a look-see. Good luck and I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future. onyTa. (That's my name in pig-latin.)

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, so you, too, have been sucked into the blackhole of blogger-space! Enjoy it here. It's a strange place, but it's pleasantly crowded with interesting stuff.

-Feanor

6:41 PM  
Blogger Sarcasmo said...

Hi, Libby! (Star here). Welcome to blogland. :)

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home